The machinerie consists of all the tools and equipment that make human chores easy and effortless. It includes some technical parts that require different kinds of energies such as mechanical, thermal, chemical, or electrical to perform an intended action. They are also driven by animals, human beings, and even natural forces.
Machinery: A Brief
Simple Machines are the kinds of machinery that do not consist of any moving parts. They are used to alter the magnitude of a force and motion to perform any work or several other activities. They use mechanical advantage to increase force while performing a task by using such machines. (Mechanical advantage is used to analyze the forces in simple machines like liver and pulleys. It is calculated or measured by the ratio of output force to input force in a system).
The machinery is categorized into two parts: –
- Simple Machines
- Modern or Complex Machines
Most used machinery
Few types of machinerie are very helpful, and the main examples of such kinds of machines are inclined plane, lever, wedge, wheel & axle, pulley, and screw.
- Inclined plane: – This tool is used for lifting heavy articles. It has a sloping surface by which any heavy object can be moved easily. It uses a mechanical advantage in which the force required to move an object on the incline is less than the weight raised. It is used in ramps, switchback roads, etc.
- Lever: – It is a rigid object that is used with an appropriate fulcrum point that multiplies the mechanical force applied on an object
- Wedge: – These are the moving inclined planes used to load and lift to split or separate. A long, thinner wedge generates more mechanical advantage than a shorter wedge.
- Pulley: – A pulley is a wheel on an axle designed to support movement and transfer of power between the cable or belt.
- Screw: – It is a tool used to convert rotational motion to linear motion.
- Wheel and axle: – It consists of a circular disk known as a wheel and an axle. It uses torque to do action on any object, typically against the force of gravity.
- Complex Machines: – These machines are created by combining two or more simple Machines. They vary from a small wristwatch to huge cranes. Complex machines can do more difficult jobs than a simple machine can do. It is also known as compound machines.
The reason for creating machinerie was to make human life easier. In today’s time, most of us believe that artificial intelligence is more efficient than the human brain, and this perception led to the enormous growth of our dependence on technology.